– All our projects, and offers we try to win, is stored in Invo. Invo is, together with our ERP- and HR-system, one of our core systems.
– Invo is one of our most essential core systems
HRP consist of over 300 project managers, and more than 500 employees – and everyone use Invo. When HRP were in the starting phase with Invo in 2014, they were looking for a system to simplify the project and document handling, as well as make it more accessible.
After six years on a customized on-prem-solution, they transitioned to a more standardized cloud based-solution two years ago. Erling Hauge in HRP is certain that the transition has made the workday easier than before.
– The solution has helped us with getting an overview of documentation and projects. It has been easier for Invo to help us with changes in the solution, after transitioning to the cloud. We wish to mostly use off-the-shelf software in our systems, we get that from Invo, he says.
The quality management system is essential
Hauge particularly highlights the quality management system, in which they also were involved with when it was in development.
– We got the opportunity to customize the quality management system during development. That is one of the advantages of working with a smaller Norwegian company. As a customer you can have more power to influence and work closer with the development process. That is a huge plus for us, he adds.
By being ISO-certified the quality management system is essential, however, the template library is also important.
– The quality management system is a must, but the template launcher is also a great tool that provides reliable routines. With employees all over the country, it is important that the templates are updated, so everyone has access to, and use the same templates. It is important both in terms of correct content and layout design. The template launcher provides control over these aspects – it simply becomes more professional, he explains.
Significant value in a vendor that knows us
Follow-up, availability, and possibility to customize was vital when HRP chose Invo. With larger companies, the possibility to customize the solution for each customer is considerably lower. With Invo, HRP experienced the opposite.
– There is significant value in a vendor that knows us, and that has the opportunity to assist quickly. The project manager often resolves the issue before the developer is even involved. One time a developer flew in from Ålesund. He worked with us for four weeks during the implementation process. That was valuable, Hauge says.
Invo will change habits and provide a joint system for employees across the organization
It is important for HRP to show the variety of their work, and with 300 project managers across the country, it is vital to follow the same routines for handling documentation.
– Our project managers do not really work with construction, most of them sit miles from the construction site. No matter where they sit or what they do, they use Invo. That is why it is important for everyone to follow routines and save documents and e-mails the correct way. It is possible that an employee finds it easier to save locally on their computer, or in a folder in Outlook – however, it is not that simple if something happens to that computer or if someone else needs access. Invo Connect and Invo is essential in our work to find straight forward, common routines, he says.
What makes us unique is our desktop client INVO Connect.
Invo Connect is a desktop client integrated with MS SharePoint / Office 365 that simplifies the storing of business information. Invo Connect offers the user full access to MS SharePoint and OneDrive for Business directly from Outlook.